- Are you prepared for the IEP (Individualized Education Program) process and other areas of Special Education?
- Are you aware of how much preparation time goes into a Special Education meeting on
- behalf of a school?
- Has a case study recently been completed on your child?
- Does your child require a 504 plan?
- Are you happy with your child’s current Special Education plan? Is the information clear and measurable?
Schools have many different experts preparing information on behalf of your child; should you as well
Understanding the IEP and Special Education process is very difficult even for trained professionals. With laws and regulations that change on a regular basis, it can be challenging. If you are a parent that does not have a full understanding of an IEP and/or the Special Education process, it becomes an even bigger challenge. Many parents are not aware that they have an equal role, so it is crucial tohave a strong understanding of how everything works.